Remind the drugs warriors that the will of the people still counts!
While the nation is still waiting for the Obama administration’s response to marijuana legalization votes in Colorado and Washington, eight former heads of the DEA and four former heads of the Office of National Drug Control Policy urged the federal government to act now to nip marijuana legalization in the bud. The INCB, on its hand, warned the US that “the legalization of cannabis for non-medical and non-scientific purposes would be in contravention to the provisions of the 1961 Convention as amended by the 1972 Protocol.”
Let’s remind the drugs warriors that the will of the people still counts!
If you haven’t done so yet, we encourage you to sign our petition urging Obama to respect the will of the people of Colorado and Washington.
Can you help spread it around and ask your friends to sign it too?
Here are few things that you can do:
- Post the petition on your Facebook timelines, pages and groups. Twitter, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon and so on are also great resources. Just cut and paste the link http://www.world-war-d.com/2013/03/08/drug-warriors-urge-obama-to-nip-marijuana-legalization-in-the-bud/
- Email the petition to your contacts.
- If you manage emaillists, do broadcast email campaigns to your emaillists. To optimize results, it is recommended to send the emails at least 3 times over a week, preferably changing the text of the email.
We also encourage you to contact the White House directly at http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact.
Tweet the following message: @BarackObama we urge you to respect the will + rights of the people of WA + CO for #marijuanalegalization! pic.twitter.com/r0AwewgP
With internal and external pressure building, national and international momentum is clearly on our side. We must capitalize on it. In such a context, the Obama administration is caught in a quandary, but between fighting a long-lost rear-guard battle or facing the challenge of a paradigm shift, the contrast couldn’t be starker and the common sense choice should be obvious. Will Obama live up to the occasion?
Let’s give Obama a strong hint and send him the strongest possible signal that the drug policy debate has just turned a major corner!
Thank you for your continued support
Author of “World War D – The Case against prohibitionism, roadmap to controlled re-legalization”
“World War-D” on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0984690409/
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/worldward
Follow me on Twitter: @JDhywood
Become a better informed activist and support global drug policy reform!
Order your own copy of “Word War-D”
- The reference book on the War on Drugs and prohibitionism
- A guide to psychoactive substances and substance abuse
- A blueprint for global drug policy reform and controlled legalization
Media inquiries- book reviews – speaking engagements: contact email@example.com